I originally didn't want to make any sort of formal goals this year. I was just going to let the year take its own course without my yearly restrictions or demands. But then I actually thought to myself "wait, some of these things I actually want to do, not just force myself to do because it's the New Year and I want to fix or work on something."
So in no particular order, here are the things that I will attempt to do & work on this year:
1) challenge/push myself more creatively (mainly in writing & performing)
2) see more - as in see more of my friends, see more live music, more off-off broadway shows, more Art in general, more of Brooklyn.
3) save more money. not for something specific but just to put aside.
4) 'experiment' more with cooking. friends of mine will know exactly what I mean by experiment.
5) NO MORE CIGARETTES! - I'll need all the support I can get with this one, people.
ok, the next 2 are a bit more extreme, 'high unlikely to happen' goals but I want to throw them out there:
6) get a job with 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon'.
I'll give you all a moment to stop laughing before I continue.
7) find an occasion where I can re-meet Tina Fey and tell her the following things:
*Since she won't have the slightest idea who I am, I would first explain that I was an intern on SNL during the 2001-2002 season when she was the head writer. Hence the re-meeting.
* even though we probably always messed up all of her lunch & dinner orders & would run around the city aimlessly for any sort of prop &/or graphics for update the writers could imagine, I would thank her for always being so nice to all of the interns in the writing & research department.
*please don't ever stop making 30 rock. EVER.
*please don't ever stop being you. you are amazing.
I had a few more but let's not go crazy.
Alright. I'll see you all back here next year, if I make it through this one alive.