Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Proust Questionnaire

The Proust Questionnaire is a questionnaire about one's personality. Its name and modern popularity as a form of interview is owed to the responses given by the French writer, Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature.

Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire & my answers:


1.What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Finding true love. Having fun & being able to enjoy life more, free from sadness, worry & anxiety. Being loved & appreciated for who I am & what I do.

2.What is your greatest fear?

To be forgotten. Being alone for the rest of life. To have done nothing productive, meaningful or successful with my life.


3.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

My laziness & lack of confidence in myself.


4.What is the trait you most deplore in others?

lack of respect for others' feelings, opinions & overall being.


5.Which living person do you most admire?

Tina Fey, my Mom


6.What is your greatest extravagance?

I honestly don't know... I don't own much of value. The one thing I spend a lot of money on that people would consider extravagant is tattoos (my most recent one cost me $400) so I guess I'll say that.


7.What is your current state of mind?

Confused. worried. over-analytical. indifferent.


8.What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

How can a virtue be overrated?


9.On what occasion do you lie?

When I don't want to tell the truth.


10.What do you most dislike about your appearance?

That people classify me as 'young' & 'cute' - I feel those adjectives should be limited to use only in describing babies (human or animal). Even though I know I look young for my age (I've been getting told this since I was in high school), I am not a baby anymore and wish not to be referred to as cute. I feel as an adult approaching my 30s, I wish I could be called 'attractive' or 'appealing'. I know I'll never be sexy or hot (I'm just not on that scale) but I'm so done with being cute.


11.Which living person do you most despise?

it's a 3 way tie between Miley Cyrus; any person that goes on a reality TV show expecting to it to a)be awesome, b)make them famous or c)make people like them; & anyone who is just a plain ol' douchebag.


12.What is the quality you most like in a man?

being compassionate & understanding goes without question but also one that can communicate what he needs/wants/feels.


13.What is the quality you most like in a woman?

loyalty & understanding


14.Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

awesome, 'good luck with that'


15.What or who is the greatest love of your life?

i think that this 'technically' should be 2 questions since you could have a love for something & have a person great love in your life, so:

What is the greatest love of my life? Music

Who is the greatest love of my life? i don't have one unless my cat, Lucy, counts.


16.When and where were you happiest?

doing things I love with friends/people i care about


17.Which talent would you most like to have?

I would like to have better singing abilities - have better range & more talent.


18.What do you consider your greatest achievement?

still being alive.


19.If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?

If I die, I don't want to come back as anything.


21.Where would you most like to live?

Manhattan


22.What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

loving someone and not having the love be reciprocated or not being able to act on your feelings.


23.What is your favorite occupation?

something i enjoy doing + getting paid for it + people i enjoy working with/for = formula for the perfect job



24.What is your most marked characteristic?

I've been told that my smile and/or my cheekbones are what people notice most. I guess my tattoos could also qualify as an answer.



25.What do you most value in your friends?

honesty, compassion, understanding, sense of humor


26.What are your favorite names?

Jane, Emma, Kate, Abby, Sam, Luke, Lucas, Jack


27.What is it that you most dislike?

i dislike MOST things but if here are the top things that irk me: country music, idiotic drivers, winter.


28.What is your greatest regret?

that I didn't have the guts to stand up & pursuit (or at least attempt to follow) my dreams.



29.How would you like to die?

young, quickly & hopefully not forgotten.



30.What is your motto?

i don't have one but i've always like this quote by Abe Lincoln I discovered in 7th grade: 'Whatever you are, be a good one'.

No comments:

Post a Comment