Friday, January 27, 2012

Free Thought Fridays (Issue 3)

- It's official: I think I'm starting to like this whole working out thing. Notice, I didn't say I'm becoming a 'gym rat' because that's not true - I despise the gym. I always have. It's just not my thing. I like doing sports or taking classes or having a designated workout to work from. I can't just go to the gym and work out. I need someone to tell me what to do and how many times and when. But now that I found a place in my neighborhood that is close by, relatively small and really awesome, I have been using a lot of my free time to go to classes and I really am starting to like it. As much as I don't want to get out of bed or change out of my pajamas to get there, by the time I'm done, I feel good. I feel good that I succeeded in kicking some butt and sweating my ass off. I feel good about not being lazy and staying active. That feeling is what's fueling me to get up at 6am some mornings when my eyes might not want to stay open or my body wants to crawl back under the covers. So if I'm not at work or at home, you most likely find me working out now :)

- I'm going to start going to the movies more often. I don't go that much now mainly because they are so expensive - I only really go when it's a) something I really want to see and b) something that will be worth seeing in the theater. But I found out last year that through my cable/internet company I can get special discounts at events and places. One of them is at Clearview Cinemas - I can get discounted movie tickets pretty much anytime I want (with a few exceptions) and Tuesdays I can see 2 tickets for free. I definitely do not take advantage of that enough. My friend and I going to try to go once a week, preferably on Tuesdays. We saw Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close this past Tuesday and I'm going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight. 2 movies in 1 week! whoa.

- I'm almost finished reading The Girl that Played with Fire - 1 new book down, 11 to go for the year! (maybe even more)

and finally, this happened today:

yeah. My Dad was asked to do the lighting for some Super Bowl Promos so I stopped by to check it out this morning. Bob Costas was also there - that man is a riot. He was cracking jokes in between takes.

unbeknownst to me, my dad took this picture while we were talking:

He either looks really interested in what we are talking about or is like 'who the F is this girl and why is she talking to me?'
ha, no I don't think Jimmy Fallon really would say that - He was and is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He knows my Dad and when my Dad introduced me, he was said "Oh wow! Hi! It's really nice to meet you!" and preceded to give me not 1, 2, but 3 kisses on my cheek. I was definitely not expecting that. (I should mention that he, my Dad and a couple of other guys hung out in the Vancouver Airport when they were waiting for their flights coming back from the Winter Olympics 2010 - it's official, my father knows EVERYONE.) We talked for a few minutes about SNL since I interned when he was there and about taking LNJF on the road for the Super Bowl. He was excited but also nervous about it all going well. If it goes anything like the promo I saw get shot today (Jimmy was wearing tap shoes for it :wink wink:) it will be A-MAZING. He really has grown as a comedian, entertainer and person since his SNL days.

I wanted to tell him that I thought he looked awesome in Bill Murray's bee costume at the end of the SNL show he hosted in December but I forgot. I'll probably run into him again - I'm at 30 Rock almost as much as my Dad practically :)

What a great end to a kind of crazy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment