Monday, March 5, 2012

Free Thought Fridays (Issue 8) - Monday Edition

Doing the Monday thing again - work has been pretty hectic with Paley Fest starting last week and all - plus I wanted something to distract me from doing work today so here I am.

Round Trip flight to London has been purchased! It's actually happening people, I'm leaving the United States and going abroad. This is the first real adult vacation and the first time I've taken any sort of vacation in over a decade. Next on my agenda - get a passport (yeah, I've never had one of those.) I'm hoping to get that done sometime this week at the post office. I guess it's time to dig out my birth certificate.

Also, all 3 dates that I requested for the DMB 2012 Summer tour are MINE! Alpine & Bethel, here I come! Also, I'm bringing my Mom to her first DMB show. Yep. That is also going to happen this Summer.

Spring is almost here! and I can't wait to see this happen - and the Botanical Garden is right across the street from my apartment! I'm also really excited to see this exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum which is also right across the street from me. (Don't tell anyone but in the almost 2 years that I've been living in Prospect Heights, I haven't been to either of these amazing places - I know, I'm terrible.)

and now a random thought on the subject of museums:
When I was younger, I used to think that the giant blue whale that hangs in the Ocean Life Hall at the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan was real. I knew it wasn't alive anymore (duh - it needed to be in water to survive) but I thought it was some sort of frozen/preserved version of an actual blue whale. I also thought I would be the one it would come crashing down and fall on if I walked underneath it.

As promised, here is my newest ink:



I go back in about 2 weeks to get some more work done on my left forearm.

and I leave you all with this: a recipe for Funfetti Cake Batter Dip. yeah, I know - I'm evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment