Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WTF Summer? Where did you go?

Really? Is it really the end of August already? It's almost LABOR DAY?!?!?!
Good lord, where does time go?

It felt like yesterday that I hugged & gave my best wishes to a dear friend who was on his way to a new city to start a new chapter in his life.

It felt like only days ago that I stood in 2 empty apartments, saying farewell to one and embracing the limitless opportunities the one I would soon be living in had to offer.
I said goodbye to a town that I have known so well - it just could not give me all that I desired - and I said "I'm back!" to this magical city that constantly inspires me, amazes me & that I just can never get enough of.

In a little less than 3 months I have grown - as an artist, as a friend, as a daughter, as a New Yorker and quite simply as a person. (I did actually turn a year older so it really is true.)

Honestly Summer, I think I've been enjoying you so much, that I didn't notice you flying by, right in front of me. No wave or nudge hello or goodbye, just flying & going by. It's ok, I understand. We all have places to go & things to do. No hard feelings. I just hope you can stick around a little longer...

The summer heat and city life seem to have reawaken me to so many things I love. I hope that the upcoming Fall season will continue to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment