Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sports writing isn't just stats anymore.

i love sports. i also love satirical writing. so it goes without saying that during football season i frequent this magical website called Page 2 which is where ESPN has writers, bloggers & columists combine both of those things together! it makes me a happy camper.

I enjoy many things on this site but my favorite is called the NFL Hangover. It's a weekly recap of what happened during the NFL games on Sunday (& Thursday if there were any). It's written by DJ Gallo, a hilarious & brilliant writer. He also is the founder of SportsPickle.com & can be found on the twitter: @djgalloespn & @thatdjgallo.

My favorite part of the Hangover is the photo of the week at the end. The caption of the photo is the text of the link so you have to read it first then click it. Here are some that made me laugh from yesterday's post:

"Whoops. I missed my mouth. My accuracy is terrible."

"Ah, man. This night stinks. Cheer me up with some low-fives, imaginary friends."


and my favorite this week:

"I'll make it come to me by using my dreamy gaze."

it's nice to see that sports, while competitive & professional at times, can also make us laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment