Monday, May 10, 2010

my idol.

Most people/friends know that I have a slight obsession/love for Joan Jett.

A friend of mine sent me this last fall and he wrote:
"a lot of her answers reminded me of you...thought you'd enjoy it."

After I read it I knew instantly that he wasn't joking. He was completely right.
Not only do I adore this woman, but we do seem to connect/believe in a lot of the same views. In recent years, people have compared my look/style/self to Joan Jett. The fact that people I know and even some I don't have told me that, gets me all giddy inside, like a kid on Christmas morning.

Oh and let's not forget to mention the fact that she looks FUCKING AMAZING & super BAD ASS in that picture. She's 51 PEOPLE! If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as her.

A few of my favorite quotes from that article:

"Partly, I like a bad reputation. But I also want a reputation of being a good person."
"Don't be afraid. Because you're going to be afraid. But remember when you become afraid, just don't be afraid."
"Pop music is not a threatening style of music. It's music that says 'Take me for what you will. Rock 'n' roll says, You're mine, motherfucker."
"I don't look good in beige."

Neither do I, Joan. Neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment