Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things (you may or may not know) about me

Some things may surprise, some may be totally obvious and well, other things just unexplainable....
Do with it what you will.


I'm left handed but the only thing I can't do is bat lefty.

I was on a soap opera when I was 2.

I'm a sports fanatic - most people, especially guys, are amazed at the fact that not only do I like sports, and like to watch them, but I can actually TALK sports....not that "I love Derek Jeter!" BS, but I actually know shit. I was born and raised a Yankees fan & accidentally became an Eagles fan, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. The 2 sports that I can't really watch are golf (it's too quiet & boring) and the NBA.

I've never been outside of the continental US - I don't even have a passport.

Unlike most people, I pretty much hated college. To me it was an over-sized, sleep-away version of High School, drama included. I didn't go to my college graduation because a) I didn't give a shit & b) it was the season finale of SNL and since I was interning there that Spring, being THERE was cooler than anything my college could have even attempted to pull off.

My current job description: I watch TV and get paid for it. So yes, that means I get to watch tv for a living. I guess it helps that I am a TV addict - I'll watch almost anything but cooking shows, televised mass or the CBS network (unless it's for sports)

At this moment, I truly have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Thanks to my mom's fear of drowning, I started swimming when I was 10 months old. I've lifeguarded, taught swim lessons & even swam Division III in college, but I want to know why I didn't turn out like Michael Phelps... I blame it on my shortness.

I’m an only child and so is my mom.

Working in radio was the best & worst thing that could have happened to me. I now know an insane amount of information about music, but have gained a greater respect & hatred for the music business. Music has always been and always will be an intense & huge part of my life.

I've had a subscription to Sports Illustrated for the last 8 years.

Over the last few years, I don’t know what I would have done without my cat, Lucy. I don't care what anyone else says, she is the fucking coolest cat ever. She's been my lifesaver (literally). I will probably bawl my eyes out when she goes.

I am a huge procrastinator - my first all-nighter was when I was a junior in HS because I waited to do a semester long assignment the night before it was due. (I still hate you Mrs. Rooney!)

I couldn’t play the part of the fox in my Kindergarten play “The Gingerbread Boy” because I had the chicken pox.

30 Rock, The Office, House, LOST, Weeds & The Soup are the greatest shows on TV right now, but no matter what, if any of the Law & Orders are on (except for Criminal Intent), I will always watch it even if I’ve seen it 12 times already.

I’ve never fractured or broken a bone. I’ve also never had a cavity. (Hooray Milk!)

The NY Neo-Futurists (the theater group I work with) are some of the most talented & greatest writers/performers/people in NYC. I am so grateful to be able to work with them - I want to be like them when I grow up. go check them out - www.nynf.org

I'm what you call an 'almost-vegetarian': I don't eat red meat, pork or seafood. I've always been an extremely picky eater since I was very young, but if I could live on coffee, cookies & pizza for the rest of my life and stay exactly the size I am now, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I’ve dreamed of just picking up and moving to several places in the US, but always fear that no city could match New York. I would miss it & all that it offers, especially the pizza.

2 things that I absolutely can not stand are idiotic, careless drivers & today’s country music.

Movies are not my best category in trivia. People have wanted to hurt me when I've said things like "I've never seen the Princess Bride" or "I just recently saw The Goonies for the first time".

I wish I saw & talked to all of my friends more often, regardless of whether they live in the same town or in another country.... with all this damn technology, keeping in touch should be easier!

I enjoy puzzles, especially crossword puzzles and although most people thought I was crazy, I actually enjoyed math classes in school.

Nothing is better than live music – the energy & emotion that you see, hear & feel is something that needs to be bottled & sold.... I believe I just created the solution that will help save the economy.

I have 6 tattoos and I want to get more. I don't think they are for everyone, but I love them.

I like to get mail - who doesn't love the feeling of opening their mailbox & finding a card or a letter instead of just boring bills?? it means someone thought of you and cared to say hi.

I'm DEFINITELY not a morning person.... trust me, you probably don't want to find out so take my word for it.

I love trivia & karaoke nights at bars. I'm not going to be the next American Idol, but I can hold my own on a few songs... and I'm one hell of a backup singer.

I hate getting dressed up & very, very rarely do you see me wearing makeup.

I LOATHE the winter, but if i could get rid of one thing associated with the summer is humidity.

I believe that people 65+ years old should not be allowed to drive. No exceptions.

I don't understand people who say they have a favorite song. I could not think of 1 singular song that I LOVE SO MUCH that if I was forced to listen to ONLY that for the rest of my life, I wouldn't blow my brains out. Plus songs for me are kinda like memories - some are amazing, some are just good & others you wish you didn't have, but you won't ever forget.

My favorite book of all time is "Go Dog, Go!" by P.D. Eastman. Check it out - it will blow your mind.

I believe, and have been also told by others, that I was born in the wrong generation.

I love driving around and blasting music in my car and singing at the top of my lungs.

I'm a loud, sometimes bitchy & stubborn smartass.

If you haven't noticed, I like to write. I'm going to be honest - it's not all good, but hey we can't all be John Steinbeck or Edgar Allan Poe. I do write other things besides blog entries but I'm not entirely sure those things will be posted here - that's still TBD. I write to vent. I write to still keep my creativity alive in this depressive & monotonous life I lead. I write mainly because I can and want to, god damn it, so back off! and thanks for reading. (Oh and the pen & paper/computer don't talk back)

1 comment:

  1. I learned a lot. I knew some stuff, actually some stuff I learned this week. I definitely need to hear the soap opera story. I think I now have more questions than answers now. Your one follower needs to know favorite cookie, pizza topping, how you drink your coffee (do you like flavored coffees?) and...LOST really, geesh, I know we talked about this, but LOST. UGH! I would also say, while country music right now is terrible, Sugarland is one of the best country bands ever. I'm looking forward to Chapter 2

    ReplyDelete